Sunday, December 05, 2010

Wikileaks Explodes Obama Foreign Policy Image

Sphere: Related Content

It's been awhile since I've posted anything here but the Wikileaks saga has brought me out of my self-induced hiatus.

When Obama came to power, he was the man who was going to undo all the wrongs perpetrated by the Bush administration with regard to our image around the world. He was going to solve the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, stop global warming, stop Iran from producing nukes and get us out of the two wars Bush stupidly got us into. His was going to be a way that placed diplomacy at the top and sneaky tactics at the very bottom.

So much for that empty rhetoric.

When the vile Julian Assange released the first leaked documents concerning the war on terror, Obama did nothing because the documents made the military look bad and by extension the Bush/Cheney junta. Now that Assange is embarrassing the Obama administration, he's on Interpol's wanted list and is an avowed enemy of The One. But that's a discussion for another post.

The Wikileaks cables leaked over the last week and a half paint a picture of a conniving administration that has run amok. From Hillary Clinton ordering essentially a smear dossier on the Argentina leader's wife (now leader herself) to the ham-fisted way they schemed to save face in climate change negotiations, the Obamacons have shown themselves to be petty and way out of their league. Their collective actions have given America a black eye that will take ears to repair.

The list of inadequacy goes on and on with a clear illustration of how the administration operates on a daily basis with regard to our allies and enemies. It paints one ugly picture--especially from the Hillary-led State Department where the embarrassment has been the greatest.

Once all the cables have been leaked, we will have an even clearer picture of an administration that is what those of us who were paying attention said it was; insular, ideological, sneaky and inept. Thank the good Lord that we have at least begun to put a check on their arrogance and incompetence.

2 comments:

otis.opse said...

Let me be the first to say "Missed ya bro." As usual your insight is on point. I found these Wikileaks posts to be very revealing and embarrassing to The One's administration as well. However, I am not so sure about the "check" given the way they gave political cover to Obama with the deal they just struck. I don't really believe that the Republican Party & it's leadership really understand what the last election was about. I hope that I am wrong but it is my opinion that we are going to see much of the same "CYA" action from this new Congress like we saw when they last held the gavel. I hope that I am wrong.

Scott, try to post a little more often. I suppose that I should wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year because at the rate you're posting it will be Easter before I respond again.

Scott said...

Merry Christmas to you, my friend. Trying to fnd the time and hope to soon enough.