Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Night News and Notes

Sphere: Related Content

Hey y'all.

I'm full of venom tonight as my boys I-pod was ripped off and so was my phone. Here's to hoping there's a special place in hell for thieves. Preferably where they have barbed implements jammed into orifices.

Anyway, here's what's going on:

-Our illustrious president was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize for, well, nothing. Here's what he said in his acceptance speech that I have to give him props for:

I make this statement mindful of what Martin Luther King Jr. said in this same ceremony years ago: "Violence never brings permanent peace. It solves no social problem: it merely creates new and more complicated ones." As someone who stands here as a direct consequence of Dr. King's life work, I am living testimony to the moral force of non-violence. I know there's nothing weak -- nothing passive -- nothing naïve -- in the creed and lives of Gandhi and King.

But as a head of state sworn to protect and defend my nation, I cannot be guided by their examples alone. I face the world as it is, and cannot stand idle in the face of threats to the American people. For make no mistake: Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler's armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda's leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism -- it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.
"Evil does exist in the world"...many liberals don't ever comprehend that. Still a great many first person references but how does one make a speech for a an award one didn't deserve?

-Uganda has been swept up in a Muslim fervor and shariah law is the law of the land throughout much of the nation. The despotic regime is on the verge of passing legislation that would sentence homosexuals to death--all under the guise of stopping HIV. Libs went right for the blame the Evangelicals and neocons card but GOP representatives have come out against this vile action before Obama did.

-Oh Lord, we're putting the passage or failure of the healthcare fiasco in the hands of the Maine twins. Dude, Snowe better get her act together on this and not abandon who supported her.

-Got us a high-ranking al-Qaeda scumbag today. Not bin-Laden or Zawahiri but they have effectively been figureheads. The number three is the guy and hopefully it's who we targeted. Here's to hoping we slammed a Phoenix right into his left nostril. I'm so happy I want to be the first to say happy Nobel Peace Prize day!

-How pissed am I today? More pissed than Maynard was when he wrote this little ditty about LA washing into the Pacific and dreaming of swimming in Arizona Bay (NSFW or kids):

No comments: