Monday, May 04, 2009

It's On: Specter vs. GOP

Sphere: Related Content

Sen. Arlen Specter blames GOP policies for the death of Jack Kemp:

"Well, I was sorry to disappoint many people. Frankly, I was disappointed that the Republican Party didn't want me as their candidate," Mr. Specter said on CBS's "Face the Nation." "But as a matter of principle, I'm becoming much more comfortable with the Democrats' approach. And one of the items that I'm working on, Bob, is funding for medical research."

Mr. Specter continued: "If we had pursued what President Nixon declared in 1970 as the war on cancer, we would have cured many strains. I think Jack Kemp would be alive today. And that research has saved or prolonged many lives, including mine."
It didn't take long for "single bullet theory" Arlen to learn the Dem playbook, did it? You find an issue or an event that is in the news and bad and blame it on the GOP. It's simple. It used to be that everything was blamed on Bush but he's gone now so they just use the generic "Republicans" now. Specter always creeped me out but now the guy is just plain reprehensible.

But our hero Sen. specter has riled his new friends and there's serious rumblings that he will face a challenge from his left in Joe Sestak; a primary battle he could lose if Sestak had the guts to go against Senate leadership and the Obama administration. Add to that the fact that Pat Toomey will be a considerable foe--especially if the economy remains in the tank.

I would be surprised if Senator Specter is in the Senate after the 2010 general.

No comments: