Monday, September 01, 2008

Credit Where It's Due

Sphere: Related Content

Barack Obama forcefully said that if anyone in his administration spread rumors and innuendo about a candidates daughter, they will be fired:

"Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

Obama said reporters should "back off these kinds of stories" and noted that he was born to an 18-year-old mother.

"How a family deals with issues and teenage children, that shouldn't be the topic of our politics, and I hope that anybody who is supporting me understands that's off-limits."
The nutroots are going to give Obama ulcers with the way they have gone full-on attack dog on Palin. Good for him smacking them down and let's hope that promises are kept if it comes from his campaign any time in the future.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I did not see you posted this. Good for you! I agree! People make mistakes... My grandmother had my mom at 19, but they were married at 18 and this was a loooongg time ago. Anyway, kids should not be at the center of this stuff and this girl is going to have a lot of trouble ahead of her. For me, it is not about the young woman, it is about the type of parent Sarah has been and how her absence could have contributed. But, I am sure there are many of teenage pregnancies with involved parents. Parenting is so important and I think issues like teenage preg, drugs, etc can be avoided. Anyway, I was impressed by Obama's statement and I am glad you shared it! I am sure McCain would have said the same thing (I hope) if it was reversed.