Friday, April 05, 2013

Friday Afternoon News & Notes

Sphere: Related Content

A stunningly beautiful day in the Northeast. I believe a nice Black and Tan is warranted tonight. Took the day off to handle some household things today and i have earned myself a nice pint of the nectar of the gods.

Anyway, here's what's new in the world:

-Whatever the next pandemic consists of, I guarantee it will start in China and spread to this continent via Canada just like SARS. I can't say I exactly have enormous confidence they'll handle this new one all that well.

-If I were Boehner, I would counter with: No, we want entitlement cuts and no tax increases. Of course, Boehner is Boehner and not me so he'll just pussy out and cry like he always does. Lefties are not handling Obama's budget well.

-Oh for crying out loud, who the hell cares about Obama making a comment about a hot fellow Democrat? Oh, my bad, there's lots of humorless, PC libs getting their thongs in a bunch over it...and that's just the lefty guys. And for the record, she is, unlike most Democrats, pretty damn hot (I don't mean like Janet Napolitano hot or anything [I just puked in my mouth writing those words]):


-I think I'm gonna like Pope Francis. The man is what a man of God is supposed to be. 

-being that it is a local story, I'm hearing somewhat more of it but mostly relegated to page 12 or the second ten minutes of a local newscast. but the Kermit Gosnell story is horrifying in the extreme. What this man did to live children is a crime akin to those committed by Joseph Mengele (and blow me libs, he saved aborted fetuses feet in jars all over his office and used them as specimens so STFU and don't even begin to get on me about a Nazi reference). David Freddoso compares and contrasts the coverage of this story and Newtown.

-Even liberals think Al Gore is a bore and unpleasant. To think, that asshole could've been in the Oval Office on 9/11 if it wasn't for some idiot seniors in Florida.

-In the most California school systems, being a sex offender is probably a resume enhancer.

-Finally, it's been a long five days but tomorrow the Final Four tips off with favorite U of L playing Wichita State. Most years, the underdog has the crowd behind them but this year in the wake of the horrific injury to Kevin Ware and the reaction of his teammates, coach and the public, I'm guessing U of L will have some serious backing. Here's a Card's cutie for your Friday viewing pleasure:





No comments: