Tuesday, September 30, 2008

News and Notes

Sphere: Related Content

Around the web on a Tuesday manana:

-P.J. O'Rourke has been diagnosed with cancer and handles it exactly as you'd expect (via Glenn):

I have, of all the inglorious things, a malignant hemorrhoid. What color bracelet does one wear for that? And where does one wear it? And what slogan is apropos? Perhaps that slogan can be sewn in needlepoint around the ruffle on a cover for my embarrassing little doughnut buttocks pillow.

Furthermore, I am a logical, sensible, pragmatic Republican, and my diagnosis came just weeks after Teddy Kennedy's. That he should have cancer of the brain, and I should have cancer of the ass ... well, I'll say a rosary for him and hope he has a laugh at me. After all, what would I do, ask God for a more dignified cancer? Pancreatic? Liver? Lung?
-Obama is starting to run away from McCain in swing states.

-President Bush assures Lithuania that NATO will back them against Putin and the Bear.

-Mortgage Meltdown--Minorities Hardest Hit! It's always about race with libs.

-The NY Sun succumbs to the inevitable. A great read that was struggling in a tough environment.

No comments: