Saturday, January 26, 2008

Clintonian Politics Hit New Low

Sphere: Related Content

I'm sure we're not at the lowest point yet but we're close I hope.

The Clinton's have taken the next and most audacious step of asking for the delegates in uncontested states they won to go to them. Here's the explanation from the pre-pubescent one Ezra Klein. Hillary states:

I hear all the time from people in Florida and Michigan that they want their voices heard in selecting the Democratic nominee.

I believe our nominee will need the enthusiastic support of Democrats in these states to win the general election, and so I will ask my Democratic convention delegates to support seating the delegations from Florida and Michigan. I know not all of my delegates will do so and I fully respect that decision. But I hope to be President of all 50 states and U.S. territories, and that we have all 50 states represented and counted at the Democratic convention.

I hope my fellow potential nominees will join me in this.

I will of course be following the no-campaigning pledge that I signed, and expect others will as well.
You may recall that Shillary was the only one on the Michigan ballot because of the primary date fiasco and the other candidates agreed to withdraw in support of the party. Clinton won but "uncommitted" had a good day.

Anyway, the entire blogosphere and dead tree media looked at it as it was supposed to be, a non-election in which the delegates would be divied up at the convention. "Screw them Kos" even went so far as to encourage Democrats to vote for Mitt Romney as it was an open primary.

In a devious move that can only be summed up as brilliantly Clintonian, Shillary is going the route of what once was called "Indian giving" in a long ago, pre-politically incorrect world and reneging on that signed pledge.

In a campaign in which Clinton attempted to disenfranchise minority voters in Nevada (a move that was struck down by a judge) and has perpetuated a whisper campaign about Barack Obama's drug use and his middle name Hussein this is the next logical step. While it's not technically cheating, it's betraying the trust and integrity of the party--a party in a deep schism mind you--and just showing once again that the Clinton's never supported the party, it was just another convenient vehicle for which to use and exploit for their collective purposes. The fact that they are using these tactics against a black man and a fellow Democrat seems to not bother them at all.

My guess is that the Clinton's never thought they'd have to go to the heavy guns in the primary as the nomination was Shillary's for the taking, but the rise of the Obama wave coupled with the inter-party abhorrence of Clinton has led to them pulling out all the stops including this latest, sordid plea.

Redstate has a nice fisking of Klein's piece here.

Update: I find it entertaining that Democrats are starting to realize just what sleazy people the Clintons are. They seemed aghast that they would actually go into the mud against another Democrat. Of course, us in the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy have been saying this for the last decade. You reap what you sow donkeys, you reap what you sow.

Update: Allah nails it.

No comments: