Saturday, November 10, 2007

Rep. Saxton Is Hanging It Up

Sphere: Related Content

Congressman Jim Saxton has been my Representative since I can remember. He's been a good advocate for the military and the environment. As someone in the environmental business, I've always though of him as practical when it came to environmental issues.

Rep. Saxton is resigning after this term due to health issues and there will be a mad dash to fill his spot in 2008. I would bet this will be a GOP hold based on the makeup of the Third Congressional District. It encompasses a large swath of Burlington County, which remains Republican even though the Dems are making gains in individual towns.

I wish Rep. Saxton well in his battle against prostate cancer as he has been a great advocate for the country as a whole and South Jersey in particular.

No comments: