Sunday, November 25, 2007

Fred Thompson Implodes

Sphere: Related Content

I can say that no one pushed as hard for Fred Thompson to get in the race as I did. I was a huge supporter and thought that maybe, just maybe, he would be the strong Conservative in this race and get back to conservative things like reduced spending and protecting our borders.

Sadly, once my guy jumped in he went exactly no where. I don't mean he made a mistake and said something like "macaca", he just spun his tires in some Iowa mud and his campaign never got going.

Today, Fred seems not to be stuck in mud, he seems to have gone of the road completely and is stuck in a ditch with airbags deployed. He actually said that Fox News is biased against him. Yes, the man who was trumpeted by the leading news channel and most of the hosts that work there actually accused Fox of being against him.

Now we all know where this comes from, it comes from the fact that Fox News bigwig Roger Ailes has an affinity for Giuliani, but I don't really think that extends down to the hosts.

Please Fred, you've lost me yet I left myself open to going back on your side. I'm hoping you shock the world in January and February and hit your stride and win some states, but you've got to stop the madness, buddy.

No comments: