Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Princeton ROTC Student Blogs From Iraq

Sphere: Related Content

This is how blogging is supposed to be. A great medium that allows those you'd never read to post thoughts and give insight into events from the inside.

Wesley Morgan is a sophomore at Princeton and was invited to Iraq by General Petraeus for a month to report as an embed and learn what military life is like in theater. He writes for the Daily Princetonian while in school.


At 0900, though, as I sat in the Union III hajji cafĂ© having my breakfast (they make a very good white chocolate mocha) and reading Stars and Stripes, the squadron and brigade public affairs officers rushed up in a huff and told me to grab my armor and bags right away – there had been a change of plans and I had to be at the landing zone right away for transport to Camp Victory, where Petraeus and his staff are headquartered. I hurriedly armored up and grabbed my gear, filling up my CamelBak on the ride to the landing zone, where Lt. Col. Yoswa was waiting for me with a bit more of an explanation: “The CG is meeting with the attorney general this morning before the battlefield circ and he wants to introduce you, so let’s go!” Oh, of course – why wouldn’t the commanding general want a 19-year-old cadet at his classified briefing to Alberto Gonzales? I climbed into the lead bird, bucked up, and we were off.
Read the whole thing as they say.

Cadet Morgan was sponsored on this trip by Bill Roggio and Public MultiMedia, Inc. You can donate to them and sustain this type of reporting by clicking here.

No comments: