Friday, September 08, 2006

Armitage--"I Screwed Up"

Sphere: Related Content

Uh, you think so, Richard?

(CBS) In an exclusive interview with CBS News national security correspondent David Martin, Richard Armitage, once the No. 2 diplomat at the State Department, couldn't be any blunter.

"Oh I feel terrible. Every day, I think I let down the president. I let down the Secretary of State. I let down my department, my family and I also let down Mr. and Mrs. Wilson," he says.

When asked if he feels he owes the Wilsons an apology, he says, "I think I've just done it."

Ok, Armitage sort of apologized to the president, SecState and the Wilson's who in my opinion should apologize to the president and the country.

But what about the apology for Scooter Libby? He has lost his job and faces charges because Armitage was to cowardly to come out a year ago and admit he was the leak. His only goal was to bring down Bush in whatever way he could.

You are a coward Mr. Armitage.

Update: I almost forgot, Chris Matthews had developed a cottage industry out the Plame non-scandal. Now that it doesn't implicate the president, he finds it "too confusing". Matthews is another coward.

Update 2: Remember when Michael Wolffe said this:

"(Plamegate is the) Biggest Story Of Our Age"...

My comments when he said it are here.

No comments: