Tuesday, May 02, 2006

We Survived!

Sphere: Related Content

Well, the "day without immigrants" came and went and I didn't notice anything askew. I guess one or two lawns didn't get cut and my neighbor has a deck being installed that wasn't worked on.

I'm not one to say we don't need cheap labor in this country because we certainely do. But we need legal, cheap labor. We, as a nation are paying for the influx of illegals everyday in taxes and at hospitals and other services. I lived in Chula Vista, CA, approximately five miles from the border and knew many who were probably illegal. I'm not sure because it is considered impolite dinner conversation to ask ones immigration status.

I don't think Tony Auth actually paid attention to what the end result was from yesterday:


Of course, knowing Auth, he probably drew this a week ago and submitted it knowing they'd spin this protest toward the illegal's point of view.

No comments: