Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Blurbs

Sphere: Related Content

New posts below, quick hits here:

Note to self: Never piss off Bill Quick.

Ray Nagin apologizes.

Glenn Beck hired by CNN. Huff Po outraged by him not Ted Rall.

Go leave Greta a joke or two.

Update: Talia leaves an excellent comment to this post:

When the government decides to "protect" it's citizens "safety" I have to seriously consider which lobbying group is behind the idea. Every citizen should be a cynic and not take anything at face value. So, yes I'm glad I can go hang out at a bar and have a drink but not have to endure the acrid stench of cigarette smoke permeating my clothes and hair but no, I don't think the insidious stripping away of personal freedoms is a good idea on any level.

As a side note, why not regulate smoking like they regulate liquor? Maybe that could be an added source of revenue for towns rather than the continuous hikes in property taxes. They could put up for bid a license that allows patrons to smoke in a certain number of establishments per town. Makes more sense to me.

No comments: