Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday Night News & Notes

Sphere: Related Content

I've been entirely too busy to write a long post so it's mostly just links. I don't get paid for it so that's what you get.

Here's what's going on:

-Romney made a joke about birth certificates at Obama's expense today. The media and left (but I'm redundant) went nuts because I guess questioning a man about whether or not he was born in the US as required by the Constitution is racist or something. Whatever. Anyway, I agree with AP that it was not needed. Why give the media anything else to talk about? We're trying to change the discussion to the always important "are you better off now than you were four years ago" question. This may hurt Romney short-term but not in the long run. Adults who don't have a job or 20-somethings with a masters degree working at WalMart have short memories for shit that doesn't really affect them.

-MSNBC's Martin Bashir is a pussy. I think being one is a prerequisite to work at that God-awful network. Man, it's going to be a long 3-months listening to these girlish idiots.

-The anti-Obama movie looks like it will be number one this weekend. The pic is based on conservative author and commentator Dinesh D’Souza’s New York Times bestselling 2010 book The Roots Of Obama’s Rage. The popularity of the movie says more to me than any poll I've seen.

-It looks like Florida, Georgia and the Carolina's are going to get pounded by Isaac. Take precautions and listen to local authorities if you are in the region.

-I'm against outing anyone who played a part in the fight against al-Qaeda. It appears Fox News screwed up big time by disclosing the Navy SEAL's identity who wrote the book about the bin-Laden raid. Props to CBS for not printing the mans name even though it's out there now.

-A former Marine wrote some anti-government screeds and was sent to a psychiatric hospital by the authorities. A judge freed him today. I meant to write about this earlier but spaced it.

-Mexico is turning into Afghanistan. I know Marines are assigned to embassy detail but this story sounds a little weird to me.

No comments: