Friday, February 27, 2009

Pelosi, Schumer and Reid Pissy About Iraq Plan

Sphere: Related Content

The Democrat braintrust is not feeling all tingly after learning of Obama's Iraq plans:

"I have long been for a significant drawback of troops in Iraq," Reid, the Senate majority leader, told reporters in a news conference. "Fifty-thousand is a higher number than I anticipated."

Added Schumer: "Fifty-thousand is more than I would have thought."

Reid said he was going to the White House Thursday afternoon for a briefing on Iraq.

On Wednesday, Pelosi criticized the 50,000-troop figure, telling MSNBC: "I don't know what the justification is for 50,000, at the present, the 50,000 troops in Iraq. I do think that there's a need for some. I don't know that all of them have to be in country."


Of course none of them have the guts to say that the reason we can withdrawal troops is because George W. Bush had the balls to order the surge and our troops won the un-winnable war.

Just curious Speaker Pelosi, where exactly would you deploy them if not "in country"? Perhaps we can follow the Murtha plan and redeploy them to Okinawa.

No comments: