Saturday, March 08, 2008

Friday, er, Saturday Night Music--Jailhouse Edition

Sphere: Related Content

Yeah, a weird selection but when I found the first video a meme developed.

I start with Jerry Garcia playing a fantastic acoustic version of Reuben and Cherise at the Oregon State Prison in Salem. Only sound with interspersed pictures but a great version:



Next we have a poorly uploaded Metallica doing the wrongly-panned but not bad St. Anger in San Quentin. They have a "no hostage policy":



Johnny Cash--also at San Quentin--doing Folsom Prison Blues singing about shooting a man "just to watch him die":



Finally System of a Down with an obvious demo of Prison Song. I agree with SOAD that the drug policy in the US is highly flawed. The Libertarian in me has written that in the past and if you mine my archives, you'll find some rants. I don't agree with everything the SOAD boys wrote and I definitely don't agree with the liberal bent of the You Tube poster but it's an interesting raw version of the song:

No comments: