Friday, February 09, 2007

Neo-Liberal Anti-Americanism

Sphere: Related Content


On perfect display by this esteemed lady:

Many Americans have trouble imagining the latter. We've been programmed to side with Israel. So let's use a simile we're all familiar with: the Confederate flag. To many Southerners, the flag is a symbol of Southern pride. But to the rest of us, that flag is a symbol of racism and slavery.

Interesting how flags can mean different things to different people. To me, all flags suck, especially the ones representing the most powerful states. This, of course, means you-know-who.

The American flag is like kryptonite to me. I refuse to wave it, and much less salute it. It represents a state which serves and protects only the interests of the powerful. Look no further than New Orleans, or Iraq, or any inner-city ghetto to see who our government is really working for.

And not working for.

It's something all states are guilty of which infuriates me, hence, the anarchist tendencies. And I say "tendencies" because it's something I struggle with. I have a disdain for states, so why do I still want the Palestinians to have one?

Still, until that day, I wave the Palestinian flag in solidarity. And will even let it fly over my bed. Know this, future ex-boyfriends of mine.


And judging by the insanity of her writings (and, well, her picture), I hope she doesn't have many. Based on her writings, one can hope she never procreates.

I would sure like to hear what her Guatemalan immigrant parents think of this great country. I imagine they could've chosen Cuba or Mexico but settled in the U.S. I hope one day this highly misguided and elitist woman takes a step back and thinks about that. If her parents hadn't migrated here, she most-likely would not have become the snottu brat she is and she most likely would not have enjoyed the greatest education system in the world.

Hat tip: LGF

No comments: