Friday, November 17, 2006

Lazy Blogging (Bob Dylan/Grateful Dead Edition)

Sphere: Related Content

I'm drinking quite possibly the best beer ever--Heineken Dark-- and listening to tunes.

On Sirius today I heard some old and new Dylan and went to You Tube to see what video nuggets they had. Let's start with Tangled Up In Blue from Blood on the Tracks. Alot of Dylan fans panned this album that also included Idiot Wind and Simple Twist of Fate. I think it was (and is) a classic.



Next is the Dead doing Dylan's Queen Jane Approximately. Jerry sounds fantastic in this poorly shot video. The sound is excellent however. I always thought the Dead did Dylan better than Dylan.



Next, here's Dylan with the Dead in 1987. This was the tour I met my beautiful wife at. 2:00 AM after a Dead show and I meet the woman I've been married to for 15 years. Who'd of thunk it?

The excellent Slow Train Coming. Again the sound is decent, the video is poor. The song contains this:

All that foreign oil controlling American soil,
Look around you, it's just bound to make you embarrassed.
Sheiks walkin' around like kings, wearing fancy jewels and nose
rings,
Deciding America's future from Amsterdam and to Paris
And there's a slow, slow train comin' up around the bend.




Finally, the Dead in Buffalo in 1989. I was at this show, which I if I'm not mistaken was opened by Little Feat. My wife always liked this song: Men Smart, Woman Smarter. Excellent sound and video:



Damn, I miss the Dead in the summer.

One last one. My daughter has fallen asleep in my arms more times than I can count listening to this song. She loved it from the time she was 3 and still asks me to play it so she can spend time with her old man. She's 8 now and I will play it for her tonight. Hopefully she'll want to hang with me and watch and listen.

A great version of Peggy-O:

No comments: