Friday, October 27, 2006

Nifong Never Questioned Accuser

Sphere: Related Content

District Attorney Mike Nifong has not interviewed the woman who accused Duke Lacrosse players of gang-raping her:

"I've had conversations with (the accuser) about how she's doing. I've had conversations with (the accuser) about her seeing her kids," Mike Nifong said. "I haven't talked with her about the facts of that night. ... We're not at that stage yet."

No offense Mike but you're an idiot. I'm not a lawyer and don't even play one on TV, but I've seen enough Law and Order episodes to conclude that the human memory degrades over time and her accounts may not be what happened but what she perceives the media wants to here.

Nifong made the statement in response to a defense request for any statements the woman has made about the case.

"I understand the answer may not be the answer they want but it's the true answer. That's all I can give them," the prosecutor said after the hourlong hearing.

Defense lawyers said outside court that they found Nifong's statement surprising.

Nifong has destroyed the lives of these players for nothing more than political gain--t least when this case was in the early stages. He owes the defendants (and accuser) more than he has given.

No comments: