Friday, June 30, 2006

A Double Standard

Sphere: Related Content


Read the entire post by Alan Dershowitz (a man I frequently disagree with but think is highly intelligent) of course, but this epilogue to the post struck me:

(I know this posting will stimulate the usual anti-Israel, anti-Semitic, and anti-Dershowitz fulminations, along with some thoughtful responses. The knee-jerk reaction to anything I write about Israel simply confirms my point about the double standard.)

I know the feeling buddy, as I'm sure does Charles.

By the way, I am not Jewish but am a strong believer in what is right. Knee-jerk reactions to anything good written about Israel are so common as to be redundant.

Perhaps those who suffer these reactions will take a second to examine why this is so. I doubt it'll happen but I am an eternal optimist.

Update: This says more than I could about the double standard and the disgrace

No comments: