Monday, May 01, 2006

Liberal "Humor"

Sphere: Related Content

I found this kind of funny:

I fear no one on the right. Ever. All they are capable of is wavering between ham-fisted brutality and self-righteous pecksniffery. They are outrageously pretentious and their bubbles so easily burst. I think it emboldens the entire left side of the blogosphere, knowing that those on the right are completely incapable of coming back at them with anything other than unimpressive, humorless thuggery.

Let's explore this a bit further. I give you Iowahawk channeling Zarqawi as an example of right-wing humor:

I mean, holy dung, how do these motards chew gum and protest march at the same time? And the ones that actually do get over here never want to volunteer for anything other than being a stupid hostage, and then they start whining for vegan meals and high-speed internet, and then they get all pissy and crying when you actually cut off one of the other’s heads. Helloooooo, Moby McMoonbeam: that’s what you fucking hostages are for. Shit, I swear the only victory we’ve had lately is when Team Satan came and took those Unitarian peace creeps off our hands. Your problem now, dawg.

Funny and imaginative. Now let's take as an example from the left, Duncan "Atrios" Black:

Jeff Goldstein, Artist's Conception

Yeah, that's a real funny comparison there Dunc. Download a Simpson drawing and paste it to your blog and I am rolling in the aisles, buddy.

Let's look at Scott Ott from the right:

(2006-04-27) — In an effort to recover from his all-time low approval ratings, President George Bush yesterday appointed conservative commentator Tony Snow as White House Press Secretary. In related news, Democrat National Committee Chairman Howard Dean said he’s close to naming a new spokesman for the DNC. While Mr. Dean wouldn’t disclose the name, he said, “I think we’ll have him on board by June, if the ratings trend at Air America continues.”

Now let's experience the hilarity that is Digby:

This is really too much. Jane tells me that Captain "Special" Ed says...

Yeah, that "short bus" humor is real intelligent, huh?

Just compare the humor at right-wing blogs such as Jeff, Lileks or Ace to any of the lefty sites. Liberals take themselves entirely too seriously. The world is a funny place, libs should learn to look at it and laugh instead of looking at it and seeing the decimation of the environment or the evil policies of the Bush administration everywhere. They would be much happier.

You know what is a great irony? Rush Limbaugh has made tens of millions of dinero making fun of liberals on a daily basis. I mean, they give us four to eight solid hours of jokes. The libs are so unfunny that they get a 0.8 rating for Air America in NY. I could skewer the right if I chose to do so and the libs haven't figured out how to do it.

Please don't totally stop being liberals, because us happy people on the right will still need something to laugh at on occassion.

Update: Wally Shawn--noted (or not) "actor and playwrite--was unintentinally hilarious:

WALLY SHAWN: Well, I -- I think that, you know, it's an awful situation. I don't -- certainly things are not going to become -- I mean, Kerry will be like Clinton or maybe worse. He's -- people don't usually -- you know, they rarely surprise you in a good way; but I think that, yeah, it's important to tell the world that, you know, we didn't like this, the things that have happened under Bush. I think we have to make the statement -- that, you know, we don't want to go on that road anymore. So, you know, for me it's humiliating to vote for Kerry, because I don't respect him; but I would -- I will -- it's unpleasant, it's like killing a big rat that is running around your apartment. It must be done. But you're not proud of it. But you have to do it. So, we have to tell other people, I think, that, you know, we didn't approve.

Now that's friggin' funny. H/T: James Taranto (a real humorist)


No comments: