Friday, April 21, 2006

More On The Duke Rape Case

Sphere: Related Content

The second stripper spoke out about what she recalls:

"I was not in the bathroom when it happened, so I can't say a rape occurred - and I never will," Roberts told The Associated Press on Thursday in her first on-the-record interview. But after watching defense attorneys release photos of the accuser, and upset by the leaking of both dancers' criminal pasts, she said she has to "wonder about their character."

"In all honesty, I think they're guilty," she said. "And I can't say which ones are guilty ... but somebody did something besides underage drinking. That's my honest-to-God impression."

So, in my mind, that says to me she has nothing to say. She saw nothing but had the "impression" that something did happen. That's not good enough under the US Constitution.

She also has been doing some odd things:

However, she has some credibility challenges ahead since she's apparently changed her tune about the allegations and e-mailed a public relations firm asking for advice on "how to spin this to my advantage."

That further indicates that she's trying to cash in on this whole sordid affair and it would be in her best interest for this to go to trial and keep her in the spotlight.

Man, alleged rape cases are horrible enough without having bit players trying to enrich themselves.

I disagree with the PuffHo's Karen Russell that the timeline established by the defense attorney leaves them time to have been complicit.

No comments: