Thursday, December 08, 2005

ER-Making Friends and Improving the World

Sphere: Related Content

I've made some new friends over at the Swarthmore College Young Democrats blog. Who are they? Let's meet their new President, Julian:

Hometown: I am a proud New Yorker, from NYC
Year: I am in my second year here at Swarthmore.
Majors: My majors are in political science and economics, although that is almost certainly subject to change.
Favorite dem: … hmm… Bill Clinton.

I wonder why he had to think about it and when he did he came up with a president who was impeached, disbarred and allowed America to be left vulnerable through his lack of action in Somalia, Yemen, Kenya, Tanzania and after the first WTC bombing.

Why are you a Democrat?: I am a democrat because I want to leave the country in better shape for my children than my parents left it for me.

I think every contestant in the Miss America pageant used that line last year. Anyway, old Slick Willy sure left a better world. So did Carter and LBJ. Moving on and skipping ahead past some mindless questions:

Favorite band: My favorite musician has got to be Hendrix, he is awesome.

Is awesome? I can't wait for that long awaited new Hendrix studio album to be released next year. I hear he has a guest appearance by the Black Eyed Peas and Wyclef Jean.

Well, that concludes our visit with Julian. I hope he has a great presidency. I for one feel much better about Republican chances for the foreseeable future.

No comments: