Monday, December 26, 2005

The Beginning of the End of Commercial Radio

Sphere: Related Content


My wife and I--like every year since we've had kids--decided to spend most of our money on the kids. This year however, we had a bit extra and bought something nice for each other. I bought her a nice diamond necklace and she got me Sirius satellite radio. Not exhorbitant but nice.

I can't turn the damn radio off and the icing is that with a Sirius satellite account, you can listen to all the stations on the internet. I'm a junkie after one stinkin' day.

I drive alot (my Jeep was bought in May or June and it has 15K miles on it already) so I will listen constantly.

I've grown so tired of commercial radio with local station WYSP going all talk from 6:00 AM through 7:00 PM and NYC's K-Rock about to do the same, the death of commercial radio as we know it is beginning. I've discussed this before here and here.

I don't listen to Stern, I gave up on that years ago. However, the numerous choices on Sirius make it a great deal. Less than 40 pennies a day for commercial free music is definitely worth it.

No comments: