Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Equivalency

Sphere: Related Content

Just a question:

How come the moonbats are flipping out about Karl Rove outing a CIA agent who by credible accounts was known throughout the D.C. establishment to be a CIA agent but defended John Kerry and John Edwards when they "outed" Dick Cheney's gay daughter (even though it was known she was gay by those who followed politics)?

Laws were broken in neither case but they may both have been questionable as to motive.

There's a ton of opinion on the left and right regarding this story. Go here, here, here and here.

2 comments:

Katinula said...

I would say because one could very well have been dangerous for the 'outed' and possibly her co-workers in a government agency working on WMD's. I'd love to see the percentage of Americans who knew Valerie Plame was a CIA agent compared to the percentage of Americans who knew Mary Cheney was gay. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are not comparable in the least.

Scott said...

If the poll were taken in D.C. I'd say they were comparable. People I know in the intel community are totally against me on this and agree with you.

That said, I don't think that Rove gave any information that would not have been easily discernible by any spook in Washington.