Thursday, June 30, 2005

Live 8

Sphere: Related Content

I've been contemplating going over to the Live 8 Philly show tomorrow. It's a $2.00, twenty minute train ride and a brisk walk to the Art Museum (yeah, that's the place Rocky ran up the steps and people still do til this day). I wanted to go because I attended the original Live Aid at the long-gone JFK Stadium in South Philly.

I've decided not to for several reasons, namely the amount of people that are to be squeezed into the area will be enormous. Second, and probably most important, the lineup pretty much sucks. Linkin Park is a band I'd definitely want to see and to a lesser extent Dave Matthews, but Jay-Z and Def Leppard? I'll pass and watch it on TV.

I'm most looking forward to the reunion of Pink Floyd and hope to see anything off of the epic Animals album.

I'll probably live-blog a good portion of the shows.

No comments: