Monday, June 16, 2003

Sphere: Related Content

Lileks picks apart a certain Professor Fetzer and barely leaves anything for the buzzards. My favorite part:

Today’s Star-Trib edit page had a piece replying to the conspiracy theorists who believe that the White House had Wellstone killed. That was heartening. Alas, in the interest of equal time, there is a piece from James H. Fetzer, a “McKnight professor of philosophy at the University of Minnesota, Duluth” who has been writing about these theories in a Duluth weekly. “In those columns,” Fetzer writes, “I lay out the evidence, much of which is in the public record, that has led me to the belief that this was an assassination and that the White House may have been involved.”

He continues:

“Before you write me off as a crank . . . ” - ink’s dry, sir. Ink’s dry. “. . let me ask you a simple question. Do you know what caused the crash?” I’m guessing gravity had something to do with it. “If you don’t know, then how can you know that I am wrong?” He’s got me there. I also don’t know why the shuttle crashed, which is why I cannot rule out the possibility that Romulan warbirds fired their disruptors as the ship began its descent. But I suspect you are wrong about this, because you are wrong about nearly everything else. Want proof? Mr. Fetzer’s U of M website links to his other sites, assassinationscience.com and assassinationresearch.com.


No comments: