Friday, March 28, 2003

Sphere: Related Content

Lileks has two of the funniest paragraphs of the week:

About the wife and kid being out of town:

I’m sure they’ll be fine, and in a way this solitude will be fun. Tomorrow night I will be having one of those rare, precious moments of liberty: I can listen to the TV after ten without headphones! I don’t have to avoid the creaky step on the way the stairs when I come to bed late! I can cook up the heroin in the kitchen and not care if I set off the smoke alarm! No more skinnin’ possums in the garage - hell, put down some papers and do it sittin’ in front of Brit Hume’s show the way it’s meant to be done!

About the Richard Dawson portrayal in Auto Focus, the movie about Bob Crane:

#3. Richard Dawson, the movie implies, is far creepier than you ever, ever thought. Never mind the smarm he applied with a trowel in his “Family Feud” days - that was the tip of the iceberg. I imagine there were some women who’d appeared on “Feud” in 1983, saw “Auto Focus” in 2003, recalled how that man had given them a wet slobbery kiss, and they ran to the bathroom to scrub their lips with a loofah until they bled.

Read more, it's all good.

No comments: