Monday, February 13, 2006

Olympics Post #15

Sphere: Related Content

You may be sick of these posts; if so, there's plenty of new posts below. I've felt inspired again to write as much as possible--if with some venom.

Anyway, reader Kat (who uses smileys, which are cool when used by women) has had some fun with the fact that I've not been checking in on the results during the day. The reason for that is simple; in 1980, the epic US win over the Soviets was tape delayed. My Pop and I had avoided hearing the score going so far as to not listen to the radio. Well, of course some knucklehead blurted out the score after we'd managed to make it through the entire day without hearing it and essentially ruined a great potential moment.

Since that day, I've not looked at the results until I saw them live (difficult during the Summer Games in Sydney). That would be the reason why I seem to be about six to ten hours behind everyone else.

I am blogging things that happened hours ago and I like it. I love the Olympics. I love the fact that these men and women, some teenagers, have worked hard for their moment in the sun. They've earned it and I will grant them the moment.

So...on to tonight. Pairs skating now, which I can take or leave (I think it has something to do with the outfits). Hockey starts on Wednesday and that will get my excitement level up as ten Flyers are playing for their respective nations.

I'll watch 24 instead of the figure skating but will tune back in after Jack shoots a few terrorists.

No comments: